If you’re still looking for gifts, and you are searching for someone who likes collecting coins, there are a couple of places you can check out.
United States Mint
The US Mint, usmint.gov, has some ideas for gifts for holidays, birthdays, etc. The actual page to find gifts is https://catalog.usmint.gov/holiday/holiday-gift-guide.html. There you will find a lot of what was minted in the current year. For the following list, you will see what was being sold at the US mint in December, 2017. This will change from time to time.
- Proof Sets – These are coins minted in San Francisco with a frosted design and a mirrored polished background. Nice for someone looking for a yearly set.
- 2017 Yearly Proof Set – Includes Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Clad (Copper/Nickel) Roosevelt Dime, 5 Clad America the Beautiful Washington Quarters, Clad Kennedy Half Dollar, and the Native American Dollar
- 2017 Silver Proof Set – Includes Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Silver Roosevelt Dime, 5 Silver America the Beautiful Washington Quarters, Silver Kennedy Half Dollar, and the Native American Dollar.
- 2017 America the Beautiful Quarters Proof and Silver Proof Sets – A smaller Proof Set with just the five Washington Quarters minted in 2017. The five quarter reverses for 2017 are Effigy Mounds National Monument in Iowa, Frederick Douglass National Historic Site in Washington, DC, Ozark National Scenic Riverways in Missouri, Ellis Island in New Jersey, and George Rogers Clark National Historical Park in Indiana. You can get the cheaper clad set or the silver set.
- Mint Sets – These are coins minted in Philadelphia and Denver which look better than the coins you see in circulation.
- 2017 Yearly Mint Set – Includes from each mint: Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel, Roosevelt Dime, 5 America the Beautiful Quarters, Kennedy Half Dollar and the Native American Dollar.
- 2017 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Set – Mint Set just containing the 5 Washington Quarters minted this year from both mints.
- Lions Club International Centennial – Uncirculated and Proof Clad Half Dollar, Silver Dollar and Gold $5. You can get them separate or in a 3-coin set.
- Boys Town Centennial – Same denominations and sets as Lions Club
- Silver – 1 ounce American Silver Eagle Dollars, 5 ounce America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins – same designs as the quarter
- Gold – $5 1/10 ounce coin, $10 quarter ounce coin, $25 half ounce coin, $50 one ounce coin
This is just some of what the US Mint offers. Check it out if you’re looking for current coins or sets.
If you’re not looking for something recent, check out Ebay. They have auctions and buy it now coins there. Of course, be careful when buying coins online. I have bought and sold coins there without any problems. I wouldn’t buy anything rare online and I usually look for seller with at least a 99% approval rating. Here are some popular coins to check out (Click on any of the following):
Indian Head Cents
National Parks/America the Beautiful Quarters
Walking Liberty Half Dollars
Franklin Half Dollars
Kennedy Half Dollars
Native American Dollars
Hope this helps you find the perfect coin gift…
Coins make great gifts. Kids can learn from them and start on a great hobby. Adults can enjoy collecting coins or buy them as an investment. So consider giving someone you care about something they can enjoy now or keep for their future.